A player from Ukraine who uses the online moniker “yarik1903” managed to win in the 888Millions $215 Sunday Special, winning a total of $19,350 for his effort. The player did not have an easy task in front of them, as they had to face the 458-entry-strong field, which also included a whopping 133 re-entries. Nevertheless, yarik1903 managed to top the event, winning the biggest chunk of the $100,000 prize pool.
The Ukrainian poker pro has been very active in online poker, and this was far from being yarik1903’s first success. Namely, their total poker winnings on 888poker alone are now north of $250,000. On the other hand, yarik1903’s total earnings from live tournaments are now approximately $2.5 million.
What makes this victory special for the Ukrainian player is that it is their biggest cash winning. They won the second biggest cash after ending in the fifth place in the XL Blizzard #15 – $250,000 High Roller, when they received a total of $17,500 in January of 2018.
The Final Table Overview
The final table of the event consisted of nine players, and this is how everything went down:
- The first one to hit the rail was Ben Warrington from the UK, who managed to win $1,750.
- After that, it was time for Hungary’s “kiskutya24” to leave the table, with a total of $2,400 in their pockets.
- Seventh place was reserved for a player from Malta who uses the nickname “AutisPosti.” They won a total of $3,400 for their efforts.
- After that, it was time for Germany’s “TKaliber” to leave the game for $4,400.
- Another player from Malta, “KToFTW,” ended up fifth and brought home $5,700.
- KToFTW was followed by UK’s Stewart Kilpatrick, who won $8,250.
- The last player to hit the rail before the heads-up play was “WestCliff26” for $11,000.
A player from Germany, “Holdababy” was the final opponent to “yarik1903,” but failed to win against the great Ukrainian player. Holdababy had to settle for the second place and the consolation prize of $14,500.
Making the Best of Things
Many online poker sites and platforms are thriving during the COVID-19 pandemic, particularly by offering large online tournaments with significant guaranteed prize pools. Because many poker players no longer have live poker options, online poker play has seen an uptick in the number of players trying to register for tournaments. The increased demand for tournament entry provided an excellent opportunity for the platforms to make never-before-seen tourneys that aim to attract thousands of players worldwide.
One such event is Millions Superstorm, which started on September 10 and will last until October 11. During that time, 888poker will offer $8 million in guaranteed prizes over 480 events.
The flagship event of the festival will be the $320 888Millions Superstorm Main Event, which offers a guaranteed $1 million prize. Some of the world’s best poker players are expected to apply for this event and showcase their poker prowess.